- This event has passed.
Pet CPR & First Aid Certification Class & Fundraiser for Ruff Start Rescue
March 27 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
$74.95 Registration Fee Includes: An official certificate, a 2-year subscription to our online Animal Emergency Resource Center, your choice of the 88-page full-color class manual either as an Ebook (View Only/Cannot be Printed) or a printed copy (additional $24.95), businesses, organizations, and groups may request a professional, frame-able certificate and window decal, to hang in their place of business to promote that their staff/members are certified.
Our program is based on the industry-standard method of animal CPR. This class is designed to teach the participant how to administer emergency CPR and first aid to an animal until veterinary care is ascertained.
*This class will certify the participant in Canine and Feline CPR and First Aid*.
We strongly encourage all participants to bring their own stuffed animal to practice skills on during the class (optional).
The skills and topics covered in this class include:
- Safety techniques when working with sick and/or injured animals
- How to perform emergency triage and assess if an animal is experiencing a life-threatening medical emergency
- How to restrain and properly transport sick and/or injured animals
- How to provide emergency first aid to dogs and cats en-route to veterinary care
- How to take vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration, CRT) and determine normal vs. abnormal readings
- Learn about the importance of the pet first aid kit and how to use the materials in it during an emergency
- How to manage and provide first aid for many common medical emergencies such as severe wounds, poisoning, burns, choking, and more
- How to perform the most current industry-standard method of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation on dogs and cats (Participants will receive a PetCPR+ Certification valid for two years)
*Approved to award 3 RACE CEU to veterinary professionals, 3.5 CEU to CCPDT dog trainers, 3 CEU to IAABC, 3 CEU to NADOI, 3 CEU to PACCC, and 3 CEU to members of Pet Sitters International.*