This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for Ruff Start Rescue (www.ruffstartrescue.org). You can update your preferences by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
2. What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
3. The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
4. How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to email a newsletter.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt-out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Accessibility Policy for www.ruffstartrescue.org.
Ruff Start Rescue’s website is the primary source of information about Ruff Start Rescue.
- Visitors can view animals available for adoption.
- Visitors can apply for adoption, fostering, volunteering, and surrendering.
- Visitors can view animal welfare-related resources.
- Visitors can find contact information.
- Citizens can apply for available careers and board membership opportunities.
- Visitors can sign up for e-mail notifications.
Ruff Start Rescue is committed to delivering web content in a way that ensures open accessibility. We recognize that we have a diverse audience and we want to meet their diverse needs.
Ruff Start Rescue bases its policy on the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). Ruff Start Rescue will strive to meet WCAG 2.0, level “AA” for the entire content of www.ruffstartrescue.org.
- All web pages under the www.ruffstartrescue.org website will follow the WCAG 2.0 “A” standard.
- All images will include meaningful alternate text.
- All forms can be submitted without the use of a mouse or other pointing device.
- Links to PDF documents will include descriptive text describing the contents of the document.
- Links to video and audio media will provide alternate descriptive text.
- Embedded video and audio will provide alternative descriptive text.
- Content posted to www.ruffstartrescue.org will be checked for compliance using an approved online tool.
Any non-compliant web page must be addressed within ten (10) business days of discovery.
Inaccessible information can be requested in an alternative format using the contact listed below. Accessibility requests from individuals with a disability will receive a response within ten (10) business days.
Please contact email@example.com:
- to notify us of non-compliance with ADA or WCAG, or
- if you as an individual with disabilities require an alternate version of the information