For more information on what to do with wildlife in need, visit the Minnesota DNR’s page here.

If you are in emergent need of help for an injured, ill, or orphaned wild animal, contact your nearest wildlife rehabilitation center or licensed individual wildlife rehabilitator. Local facilities that care for different types of wildlife in the state of Minnesota include:

Caring for sick or injured wildlife is different than caring for companion animals like cats or dogs. Seeking the advice of a permitted rehabilitator or rehabilitation center is strongly encouraged before intervention, as wild animals that are sick or injured may pose a risk to humans due to physical injury and/or exposure to disease.

Also, per the Minnesota DNR, an unlicensed citizen may NOT attempt to rehabilitate an animal on their own. It is also unlawful to possess or transport injured wildlife for greater than 24 hours unless permitted to do so.

Ruff Start Rescue