Most organizations, including Ruff Start, would prefer if your pet stays with you versus surrendering – especially if the main difficulty you are facing is providing basic care like food for your animal. If you have fallen on hard times and are having trouble acquiring food for your furry friend(s), please utilize the resources below.
Local Pet-Specific Food Shelves
- For Minneapolis residents as well as the homeless and/or those who are without a permanent address.
- Those who live outside of the city of Minneapolis are provided assistance once per year.
- Request supplies directly on their Facebook page.
- Open to everyone, not just those in North Minneapolis.
- Distributes pet food and supplies to rescue groups, animal shelters, and food shelves.
Other Places to Check
- Your local food shelf! Many local food shelves will offer pet food when it is supplied to them. If your local food shelves find out there is a need, they may be able to acquire supplies to help you and families like yours.
- Your local humane societies and rescues! Many humane societies and rescues will gladly part with excess pet food if they know members of their community need it.
- Ruff Start Rescue is happy to have the ability to donate excess pet food to community members in need. While we make routine donations to local food shelves like Princeton Pantry in Princeton, MN or CAER Food Shelf in Elk River, MN, we are happy to help if you feel you are in need. Please reach out to us at email@example.com for more information.
Resources for Food Shelves, Rescues, and Shelters
If you’re a food shelf, rescue, or shelter and are interested in pet food donated to your organization, please fill out this form and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible.