If you’ve recently received an unexpected veterinary bill or are having difficulty affording the care your animal needs, the resources below may be able to help you keep your pet healthy and happy while also maintaining good financial standing for you and your credit.
Please note we do not necessarily endorse the following companies, businesses, or organizations and this section serves as a resource center only. We would encourage you to do your research as to what are the best option(s) for you and your family after a discussion with your primary veterinarian.
Local Discounted or Low-Cost Veterinary Clinics
- Works with clients to find a care plan that fits their financial situation.
- High quality, low-cost veterinary care with sliding fees based on income
- A full-service, 24/7 emergency services veterinary clinic that accepts Care Credit.
- A full-service, non-profit hospital with affordable fees, working to keep pets and families together.
- Offers affordable veterinary care at two convenient locations.
Local Low-Cost Alteration and/or Vaccination Providers
- Mobile clinics throughout state of Minnesota, primarily in greater metro area
- Offering spay/neuter clinics as well as trap/neuter/return resources
- Located in Golden Valley, MN and/or St. Paul, MN
- Offering spay/neuter and vaccination clinics as well as other professional veterinary services
- Located in Minneapolis, MN – for Minneapolis residents
- Offering monthly vaccination and microchip clinics
- Located in Minneapolis, MN
- Offering free basic veterinary care for low or no-income families, provided by veterinary students from the University of Minnesota on a monthly basis
- Located in Duluth, MN
- Offering spay/neuter and vaccination clinics as well as trap/neuter/return resources
- Located in Bemidji, MN
- Offering spay/neuter and vaccination resources
- Located in Fargo, ND and serving its surrounding communities
- Offering spay/neuter and vaccinations clinics, trap/neuter/return (TNR) resources, as well as general assistance to keep pets with their people
- Located in Hudson, WI
- Offering spay/neuter clinics as well as general assistance for food, medical care, and behavioral issues
- Located In Hudson, WI
- Offering spay/neuter clinics as well as emergency medical assistance
- Serving residents of St. Croix, Pierce, or Polk Counties
- Offering spay/neuter clinics and pet supply resources
- Located in Amery, WI and offered to residents of Polk County only
- Offering spay/neuter clinics
- Located in West Allis, WI
- Offering spay/neuter and vaccination clinics as well as trap/neuter/return (TNR) resources.
Financial Assistance for Veterinary Care
- A credit card service that offers financing and low monthly payment options for vet care, accepted nationwide at most veterinary clinics
- Subsidized veterinary care for pets belonging to qualifying persons, for residents of Hennepin, Anoka, Dakota, and Washington counties
- Financial aid for families in a temporary financial crisis at the same time that their pet requires life-saving treatment
- Provides financial assistance to low-income cat owners whose cats have diabetes
- Provides financial assistance grants to family-owned pets in need of lifesaving emergency or specialty vet care whose caregivers cannot afford the cost of treatment
- Assists families with financial limitations to pay for extraordinary veterinary expenses necessary to save a pet’s life
- Provides financial assistance grants to pet owners, Good Samaritans, and rescuers so they can care for animals who need urgent veterinary care
- Provides assistance for cancer treatment in dogs and cats
- Veterinary assistance for owned pets who are injured or ill, for Minnesota residents who qualify
- Provides financial assistance grants for pet owners, good Samaritans and rescuers whose animals need urgent veterinary care
- Grants for elderly, disabled, and low-income owners for emergency veterinary care
- Non-profit organization specializing in paying medical expenses for sick, abused, and neglected dogs
- Provides comfort items for hospice dogs, funds for animal in rescue or foster to heal their cancer, owned cats suffering through a cancer diagnosis, and pet parents
- All-volunteer 501c3 nonprofit that provides financial assistance throughout the United States to those who cannot afford veterinary care for their beloved furry family members
- Financial assistance for low-income pet owners unable to afford non-basic, non-emergency veterinary care
- Provides funding and support to a multitude of animal-related programs, including pets of individuals where medical hardship is present and dogs of veterans suffering from PTSD