Welcome to the Ruff Start Family!
Many congratulations are in order during these happiest of times – you’ve adopted your new best friend and become a superhero in the process! Your decision to adopt has saved not only one but two lives: the lucky pet you brought home and the next animal who can enter the rescue’s care because of the opening you created by adopting.
Now that you’re the rightful human to a rescued pet, you can proudly boast that you are officially a part of the Ruff Start family too! You’re joining a fantastic community of animal advocates who have been dedicated to saving, loving, and helping animals since 2010. Thanks to adopters just like you, we’ve been able to give over 20,000 amazing animals a second chance at health and happiness since our foundation in 2010, leading to many happy tails of love and companionship. You’re now one of those pawsitive stories, and we couldn’t be more excited to have you!
Your Pet's Veterinary History
All of your pet’s applicable veterinary records are sent in an email, so you’ll know what types of vetting they received in our care. We strongly suggest you bring these records to your pet’s first vet appointment so your veterinary provider can review your pet’s history and ensure all vaccinations are kept up-to-date moving forward.
We have also submitted paperwork for your pet’s microchip ownership to be transferred to you. The process can take up to two weeks to complete, so be on the lookout for an email in your inbox! Be sure to keep all contact information (like phone numbers and addresses) on your pet’s microchip up-to-date.*
If you have any questions regarding your pet’s medical history, please don’t hesitate to contact our vetting team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note that Ruff Start Rescue will remain the primary contact on your pet’s microchip; your information will be listed as the secondary contact. We do this for multiple reasons to ensure your pet’s safety at all times. If you need any information changed on the microchip, please contact our vetting team.
Complimentary Adopter Resources
As a Ruff Start Rescue adopter, you receive lots of added benefits to make life with your new best friend a little easier.
- (320) 252-0277
- 2935 S. 2nd St, St. Cloud, MN 56301
- Offers free first health maintenance exam for adopted animals!
- 2700 Central Ave NE, Mpls, 55418
- 1938 Dodd Rd Mendota Heights, 55118
- 2172 Station Parkway, Andover, MN 55304
- 715 Rivard St., Somerset, WI
- 4545 Hodgson Rd., Shoreview, MN
- (952) 217-4365 select which location when calling
- 202 N Chestnut St., Chaska, MN 55318
- 1515 E 66th St., Richfield, MN 55423
- $20 discount to training classes, promotion code RESCUE.
- AHS offers almost 100 classes per week at our three locations in the Twin Cities metro. This discount will apply to all training services except private training sessions and puppy playgroups. A list of AHS’s program structure and fees can be found here. When registering, just enter the promotion code RESCUE to redeem the $20 discount.
- 10% off the initial training session. Discount applies to dog walking, behavior consult and Family Dog Mediation, group dog training classes and specialized programs. Email prior to scheduling for discount code.
- Email: email@example.com
- 10% discount off any service for recently (within 1 yr) adopted dogs.
- Once registered, please email Down Dog Studio to let them know you have a newly adopted Ruff Start Rescue dog and would like the 10% discount.
- 20% off the first service.
- When scheduling, please inform For Keeps Pet Training that you have adopted a Ruff Start Rescue pet.
- 25% off the first visit. Promotional code is “RS25”
- Free first week of training, 10% off for life
- One 50% off pass to Puppy Playtime. Puppy Play is for socializing puppies 8-18 weeks old.
- Every Sunday from 11:00 am – 11:45 am at the Chuck & Don’s in Edina on York Ave.
- 10% discount on classes and on a private session with discount code RUFF10.
- RSR adopters will get $10 off a class price, and 15% of the class price will go back to Ruff Start Rescue.
- 25% discount on any package of 4 or more private lessons. RSR Code: RSR2020.
- Crate Training
- House Training
- Dog Safety
- Dog Body Language
- Separation Anxiety
- Stop Dog Barking
- Introducing Dogs to Each Other
- How to Teach a Dog to Trade
- Dog Scared of Loud Noises
- Dog Pulling on Leash
- Relationship-Based Dog Training: Benefits
- Dog Jumping Up
- Dog Chewing and How to Redirect It
- Dog Bites Child: How to Prevent This Scenario
- Preventing Cat Fights
- Introducing a Cat and Dog
- Introducing a New Cat
- Bringing a New Cat Home
- Cat Body Language: Communication and Expression
- Enrichment Ideas, Activities and Products for Indoor Cats
- Cat Enrichment: Toys, Puzzles, Aromatherapy and More
- The best products to stop your cat from scratching your furniture
Stay Connected with Us
Each animal taken in by Ruff Start touches the lives of countless Ruff Start volunteers during their time in rescue. From the intake representative who brings your pet into rescue to the application manager who processes your adoption application, many people have a special place in their heart for your new best friend!
As such, providing us updates about your new lives together is always appreciated. Seeing those waggin’ tails and rainy day cuddle sessions is an added incentive for our team to keep saving the lives of animals just like your pet!
Join our Facebook group, Ruff Start Rescue Reunions! This group is a place for adopters to share stories about their new family members and correspond with other Ruff Start adopters. It’s a great resource when you need advice, too!
Share your adventures with us! Whenever you post a cute photo or video on your social networks, make sure you tag us (@ruffstartrescuemn on Instagram) and use the hashtags #ruffstartrescuemn and #ruffstartalumni!
Thank You for Adopting!
On behalf of the entire Ruff Start Rescue team, THANK YOU for choosing to adopt a pet with our organization. We wish you and your pet the happiest of lives together!