Please read the following general requirements carefully before submitting an adoption application. While this criteria is our typical standard, we understand all situations are unique! Don’t be discouraged if you don’t feel you meet one of these bullet points – feel free to submit an application anyway, so we can discuss your situation with you.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Submitted applications must be filled out fully and factually.
- All applicants must reside in the state of Minnesota or its bordering states, unless a special exception has been made. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss the potential for an out of state adoption.
- Consider how you’ll manage an isolation period and be sure all existing pets are up-to-date on vaccinations and other routine health care before bringing a new pet home. An isolation period would be good for allowing that animal to settle in and learn the routine.
- Please be aware of any rental/association or homeowners’ insurance restrictions you may have before applying. Such limits may include breed restrictions, number of pets allowed, weight requirements, etc.
- All adopted animals must live indoors with their families and always be monitored closely when outdoors for their safety (with the exception of working cats).
- We do not allow any medically-unnecessary surgical procedures, such as declawing; defanging; debarking; or cropping/docking (of tails or ears) to be conducted on any animal adopted from our rescue.
When submitting your adoption application, please only press the submit button once.
To ensure your application processes appropriately, please do not use autofill settings when completing your adoption application.