How you can help animals during COVID-19 outbreak
- Implementing Virtual Home Visits for new fosters and adopters to remove volunteer and adopter/foster contact.
- Providing supplies for foster homes with pre-arranged outdoor pick-up at supply houses and the Ruff Start office along with starting a drive-through system for fosters to drop off and pick up their animals for vetting appointments.
- Going virtual with our Volunteer Orientations to minimize in-person meetings.
- Having Ruff Start staff work remotely to ensure daily operations continue, including overseeing more than 350 animals in rescue.
- DONATE! Please consider donating to support the hundreds of animals in Ruff Start’s care right now. While donating funds is the best way to help because they allow us to respond to needs as they change, we are also accepting in-kind animal supply donations.* Check out our Amazon wish list for our most needed items. If you do not have any extra funds to spare right now we understand. Sending good thoughts and well-wishes to animals in need now is also greatly appreciated.
- ADOPT! Are you or someone you know ready to add a furry friend to their family? There are hundreds of animals waiting for their forever family – could one of them be yours?
- VOLUNTEER! We have so many opportunities that are 100% remote, including creative writing, graphic designers, and administrative volunteer roles.
- FOSTER! As a foster-based rescue, we can only save as many animals as we have foster homes. Learn more here.
For up-to-date information about Ruff Start Rescue’s adoption process and other activities, please visit our blog.
*With some exceptions, Ruff Start Rescue is not arranging volunteer pick-up of in-kind animal supply donations at this time to keep our in-kind donors and volunteers safe. If you have supplies and want to know if we’re able to take them, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.